General instructions for cleaning and caring for your Trim By Design Product.
All our products are manufactured from the finest material available, and is created to work in harmony with today's sophisticated interiors. To maintain the quality finish on these items, please:
- Use only non-silicone caulking adhesive or plumbers putty for installation. Do not use lead based acidic curing adhesive or mastic when installing product. Silicone caulking may also decay the brass material. The use of Blue RTV Silicone during installation will void the product warranty.
- Always test your cleaning solution on an inconspicuous area before applying to the entire surface.
- Do not use any abrasive cleaners, rubbing alcohol, ammonia, detergents, brass or silver polish which will scratch the surface.
- Do not allow soap scum or minerals in water to build up on the surface finish of your product (including toothpaste). These will gradually wear away the protective coating or finish and diminish the beauty of your products. Rinse and wipe product after cleaning to prevent soap scum build up.
- Clean with soft, dampened sponge or cloth.
- Never use abrasive materials such as a brush, Scotch-Brite or scouring pad to clean your finished product.
Applying a coating of non-abrasive liquid wax to the clean surface of the product will protect the finish. Trim Brite, a product of Trim By Design, Inc., can be used on all types of decorative painted and plated finishes. Apply Trim Brite with a soft cloth and let dry. Remove by rubbing gently with a soft clean dry cloth. Trim Brite does not contain harsh abrasives.